Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Change Is Hard – Change Is Necessary – Change Makes Money

Are You Ready To Change? (You Should Be!) 
Change Your F&I Process For Fun and Profit


By Myril Shaw - Dealer Profit Services

Change is a word that makes everyone shudder.  Change is scary – you know what you have today.

Change shakes things up.  Change may cause disruptions.  Change makes people do things differently (sometimes).  Change is the elephant in the room.

Are you being as successful as you want?  Are you making as much profit as you want? Are you selling as much as you want?  (Could you do better in any of those areas?) Change is necessary!

An effective change makes you more successful.  An effective change improves your profit.  An effective change helps you sell more.  All of this makes change fun!

Let's look at your F&I process.

Do you need a change in your F&I process?  What are your costs for F&I?  Can you make your process less expensive?  Maybe it is time for a change.

What is your penetration rate for Protective Products?  Is it over 60% - or don't you know?  Maybe it is time for a change.

Are you offering all the Protective Products that you can?  If not, maybe it is time for a change.

Is your F&I Gross Profit over 7.5% on the amount financed (or over 3.0% on unit sales)?  If that answer no – it is time for a change.

No one should settle for F&I profit that is less than the best.  F&I profit can change your store for the better forever.  If F&I is not delivering at least 3.0% Gross Profit on Unit Sales – it is time for a change.

You do not need to look at this as hard or scary.  You can always go back to mediocre if you really want to.

The fact is, this a change than will be fun and profitable and life-changing.  Look at your numbers.  Your target should be 7.5% F&I Profit on Amount Financed and at least 3.0% F&I Profit on Unit Sales.

Change to those targets and you'll be happy forever!

Dealer Profit Services, LLC can help.  Whether you want someone to take over your F&I and just drive profit to your store, help you some of the time, need some quick advice or just provide F&I Training/Consulting, we are here to help you.  Contact us anytime at info@dealerprofit.com or give us a call at (470) 326-0966.

No comments:

Post a Comment